Texas Instructor Program (TIP)
The Texas Instructor Program (TIP) is a comprehensive reimbursement program designed to assist Texas racquetball instructors in providing quality racquetball programs in their communities for Texas women, men and children. This program is intended to encourage interested racquetball instructors to become nationally certified by reimbursing a portion of the cost of USAR-IP certification clinics offered by USAR.
The USAR-IP certification clinic conveys precise knowledge, skills and abilities required to teach racquetball efficiently; developing a clear comprehension and proficiency of the 10 Benchmarks of Instruction necessary to teach and train students; delivering an avenue for continuing education and advancement to assist qualified instructors in maintaining current informational skills; providing an evaluation process that facilitates consistency and quality control for instructional programs across the nation; and developing a high level of competence and confidence relative to primary instructional techniques.
Benefits of the USAR Instructors Program include:
• Certification is for three years.
• 5 million dollars in liability insurance coverage.
• Safe sport education, important in this era of coaching scandals.
• Online certification, rendering the weekend of certification courses obsolete.
• Vast library of education, including the latest USOC strength training education.
• Mentoring program, with nationally known coaches.
• Entry level coaching course for members who want to coach.
• Ongoing educational courses to keep up with the game.
• Programming program for creating revenue streams in clubs.
• Only recognized racquetball instructional program in the USA. No other instructor certification is recognized by the USOC or USA Racquetball.
Cost of the USAR-IP Certification Clinic
Three Year Instructor Certification Designation $220.00
One Year USAR-IP Membership $ 75.00
Texas Instruction Program Reimbursement ($150.00)
Net Cost to Instructor $145.00
In order to receive reimbursement, the racquetball instructor must be a current member of USAR and a Texas resident and submit to the Texas Instructor Program Coordinator evidence of successful completion of the certification clinic, a personal image suitable for publishing on the TXRA website and a brief explanation of how the instructor intends to utilize the education to the benefit of racquetball in Texas. Upon meeting these requirements the racquetball instructor will be issued the reimbursement funds and be granted the right to use the TIP designation in conjunction with their racquetball activities.
For more information about the Texas Instructor Program contact:
Coordinator: Bob Sullins, email@example.com
Coordinator: Leo Vasquez, firstname.lastname@example.org
USAR-IP Instructor Certification Information
Texas Instructor Program Supplement for Programming Incentive
An exciting new supplement program for all USAR-IP Certified Instructors. This supplemental program would provide compensation for certified USAR-IP instructors holding the Texas Instructor Program (TIP) designation each quarter for conducting adult or junior clinics, leagues and other events promoting racquetball In Texas. The purpose of this supplemental program is to assist and incentivize Texas instructors who generate grass roots racquetball interest in their community.
This program was recently approved by the TXRA Board of Directors in hopes that we can continue to promote racquetball here in Texas and offer some extra incentive for USAR-IP certified instructors.
Upon approval, instructors will receive $150 each quarter if they schedule at least three clinics, leagues or events or any combination of:
- One junior clinic, league or event.
- One women’s clinic, league or event.
- One adult clinic, league or event.